Is that “Free” Destination Wedding really Free?
We wanted to find out the truth behind the free destination wedding and set out on our quest by starting out right here on MyWeddingAway
After all we list close to two hundred of the top destination wedding
resorts throughout the Caribbean and Mexico.
In this issue of our newsletter we decided to look into free weddings at the Riu brand of hotels and resorts. Here is what we found.
For more information or details, please check with the individual resorts.
Now back to that Free Wedding and what exactly is included.
We chose the Riu Negril
in Jamaica as
our example not only is the beach is amazing with truly white sand and turquoise clear waters and no one can complain about the hospitality and food in Jamaica
it is second to none. Here is whats included.
RIU Free Wedding Package 2009 includes:
* On-site wedding coordinator to help plan the special day
* Decoration set up for the ceremony location for the wedding group
* Bouquet of flowers for the bride and a matching boutonniere for the groom
* CD or recorded music during the ceremony
* Reception dinner for the wedding group at one of our specialty restaurants
* Wedding cake for the couple and all the guests
* Sparkling wine for the couple and all the guests (during the Main Toast only)
* Surprise spa gift
* Ten percent discount on all spa services for the bride and the groom (restrictions apply)
* Surprise gift and fruit basket
Not bad for a free wedding, what's not included are your legal fees and the minister or judge to perform the ceremony. Make sure you find out these costs when you contact the hotel to check for availability for your wedding date. You also have to book and minimum of five or more rooms and at least 80% of the wedding guests have to be staying at this hotel.
Riu does offer many extras to make your wedding special and some more extensive wedding packages. One of the things that we love about the Riu chain is the attention to details; all those little extras really do make difference. Things like fully stocked mini bars in your room, and yes it’s included, also your safety deposit box in your room, included. The value for your dollar really goes a long way at Riu resorts and hotels with-out having to sacrifice quality and beauty. Riu offers four categories of properties;
The Club hotel and classic category has properties in the range of four and five stars. Have a look at the club hotel Riu Jalisco
in Riviera Nayarit-Nuevo Vallarta Mexico. And Hotel Riu Naiboa
in Punta Cana from their Classic category.
We are still waiting on Riu to open a Grand palace on this site of the Atlantic Ocean. We found that Riu hotels offer a great value for you and your guests for a destination wedding or honeymoon.